Minutes of the Meeting about GDMS held 14th of February 2012
- Integration of GDMS with Workbench
- Middleware development for GDMS
February 14, 2012 - 8:00 am to 9:00 am (Mexico time)
Present for the GCP: Graham, Arllet, Mark, Xavier
Present for Efficio: Kevin, Lynn
Present for ICRISAT: Trushar
Summary of Points Agreed
- Trushar gave a brief explanation of what GDMS is.
- GDMS has a MySQL backend and Java based web application as frontend. GDMS has its own schema.
- A demo of GDMS by Trushar and his team will be shown to Kevin and Weng. A schedule for this demo must be agreed on.
- The IBP Workbench is expected to call GDMS and Flapjack. Lynn and Kevin stated that they foresee no issues and worries for doing this.
- To get a better understanding of how GDMS and Flapjack fits on the breeding workflows, Mark was asked to share the process flows they have been documenting on the wiki. Mark later sent an email specifying links to wiki pages.
- It was also mentioned that MBDT, another tool developed by Trushar and his team should also be integrated with the workbench. It was also discussed that currently MBDT is not accessing GDMS db and that MBDT has a need to access phenotyping data.
- Middleware development for GDMS:
- GDMS tables need to be integrated to IBDB schema.
- Trushar will write specifications and use cases for Middleware functions needed by GDMS.
- Implementation of Middleware functions for accessing GDMS tables scheduled after the IBP Meeting on June 2012.
- It was agreed that Trushar's team can check out the Middleware project and use the available functions which they need.
- Kevin was asked to prepare a wiki page where consolidated Middleware resources can be accessed.
- It was agreed that there should be GDMS databases for each crop.